Monday 27 September 2010

One of our bowls, Night Trees and Stars (which is available in our folksy and esty shops) was featured on a very cool blog over the weekend: The Simple Melody which was very kind of them.

I will be attending a Business Link workshop tomorrow in Beverley, East Yorkshire: "Social Enterprise: is it for me?" I have been thinking about how we could incorporate a 'social enterprise' element to our business in the future and I'm hoping that this workshop will be a good starting point for considering this idea. We will keep you in touch with our plans and I will write about the workshop when I have a moment for anyone who is interested.

Our friend Linda Henderson suggested we look at a social enterprise project on the west coast of Scotland near Skye (where she lives) called Rag 'n Textile. I was very impressed with the work they are producing and will definitely keep an eye on what they are doing. Thanks Linda.

Finally we are hoping to be joining a Christmas Gift Fair at St Aidens High School in Harrogate on December 3rd. It is an evening event which should be really fun. We will post details when (if) our place there is confirmed. Best regards for now, David

No comments:

Post a Comment