Thursday 7 October 2010

Laura has made some beautiful new Fascinators including this one which I really love, "Pink Frayed Fascinator". The antique button in the centre is charming and you will never find another like this one, it is quite unique! The other new fascinators are lovely too so take a look when you have a moment on either of our web shops.

I have a couple of new bowls on the etsy and folksy web shops too. A customer from our folksy site received her bowl wrote back to say "....I have recently bought your "Harrogate Stray" bowl and I love it, but what attracted me to it was the painting, I think the way you decorate them is fantastic..." Well, thank you and we really appreciate your comments. My new bowls are part of a series which could be great to use to decorate your home over the Christmas celebrations. They are full of shining rainbow colours and stars and glitteriness!

This morning I have been out and about in Harrogate distributing leaflets for the FLARE Artists and Makers Craft Fairs which are coming up in November. Once again I met some excellent people with small, unique and quirky businesses. Still Gorgeous is run by Claire Whitaker and is Harrogate's first shop selling top end childrenswear, previously worn but in beautiful condition. It is the recyclers dream outlet! You can go in to buy an incredible selection of kids togs or take along some to sell to the shop.

I usually pop in to Leng's Green Grocers when I'm at Cold Bath Lane in Harrogate. It is by far the best in town. They have excellent locally sourced fruit and vegetables, much of it organically grown, reasonably priced and always good quality. Usefully they also have milk and eggs and other basics. Pete Scholfield has a web-site where you can shop on-line which is probably good too, personally I prefer to visit his friendly shop and today I bought some fresh beetroot, I just have to decide what to make with it now.

The Cold Bath Lane of Harrogate area is teeming with brilliant shops. I Like eggcup and blanket Interiors which have a great selection of home goods and gifts. Our friends at 3rd Edge Hairdressing recommended I visited Dragon Embroidery who produce bespoke printed and embroidered teeshirts, badges and the link. Brian at Dragon Embroidery is hopefully going to make us some embroidered ameliagreenheart teeshirts and sweatshirts which we can wear at craft fairs and markets and will probably offer them for sale too.

No comments:

Post a Comment