Friday 30 July 2010

Since getting back from my stay with David in Harrogate, I've been trying to organise myself a space to work at home. It hasn't gone very well so far. I have good intentions of clearing our spare room so that I can have a proper creative "office". I am easily distracted, so having a dedicated space will be invaluable.

Today I've finally managed to make a successfull prototype tie-bag, after much sewing and unpicking of various other attempts. I had the idea to re-use the material from gentleman's ties while I was in Harrogate, and this is the result so far. I plan to keep experimenting with this and trying different sizes until I find a few styles that I'm happy with. Being a perfectionist doesn't make this process go quickly!

I've also been sewing a collection of labels to put on my items. I've used the cotton padding from inside the ties as the base - another opportunity to recycle! Tomorrow I'll be attaching these to the items I've already made, and probably sewing a few more. I feel this will become a never ending task...

I have also just added an Etsy tab to my Facebook page, and will be doing the same for the ameliagreenheart page shortly. This will update automatically with all our new listings and posts (hopefully), so should save a lot of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment